With the rise of the information technology..... you get different views from different people. I've been on a hunt as to what 2012 will bring for the past few months... What will happen at the end of this year? Will it be devastating?
But, as I searched and I searched I stumbled onto so many issues... that if I would have stayed in my pretty little bubble, I wouldn't have known about what is going on. I have given up the usual 7pm news 2 years ago and all the big media corporations because I know they are one form of "programming" the ones in "POWER" want us to be in. Media is focusing on issues that are irrelevant.... they keep us blind to what is really happening in the world.
Of course, searching online you also have to be cautious. Because, not everything you see, hear or read about are entirely true. However, I am very grateful that "alternative media" are already sprouting. Giving us information that is not available in mainstream media.
So, what are the pressing issues I stumbled upon?
- Civil Society - Last year, I was following the "Occupy Movement" which got their inspiration from the "Arab Spring". It went from "Occupy Wall Street to Occupy Philippines, Occupy Earth, Occupy the Future to Occupy your Heart". It's amazing how our mainstream media is not talking about this... This was launched by the group Anonymous and a lot of things/groups/organizations sprang forth. But, one needs to find balance in protesting peacefully in the streets. So, a group of people are currently creating and starting initiatives that will sustain us in the future. Whenever I watch the videos of the Occupy Movement, I get mixed emotions... from rage to the 1% and the feeling of hope. Although, in the end.... I know that emotions that comes from love would be 100% times more powerful than rage.
- Information Technology - With the rise of the machines, currently humans are making the "last machine to be invented by humans." If it will be invented... we will be deemed useless. And you can see it rising already. If we lose our humanity by treating people like machines.... then it wouldn't be LIFE at all. You can be amazed how some scientists are so advanced mentally that they begin to think "technology is everything". It will be another Atlantis. -_-
- Internet - with the proposed SOPA/ACTA which censors our freedom of speech.... by merely posting a youtube video or music by a labeled artist, we could be sued and imprisoned for 50 years.
- Unfair Laws - more and more laws that violates human rights are being passed. US Pres. Obama just signed NDAA last 2011. NDAA states that people can be imprisoned and tortured without due process, foreigners or civilians. Now, what if you were caught under the law of SOPA/ACTA and be under U.S. soil? -_- And the on going debate here in the Philippines about RH Bill and what not.
- Environment - Climate Change. Global Warming to Sustainable Ecology. Solar Power. Coal-Fired Plant. Mining. Landslides. Flood.The debate goes on. Just follow Greenpeace, and other green advocaies.
- Healthcare - Also, earlier last year I saw an issue about EU banning alternative healthcare such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurvedic, and all those ancient healing traditions and will force you to only take "allopathic medicine". Alternative healthcare will be illegal
- Economics - Actually the Occupy Movement tackled about issues in economics. How the money of the world is controlled by the 1%. And how more and more people are in debt due to unfair practices. And yeah the economy of other countries specially the super powers are tethering to the edge and they will create havoc to regain the power back.
- Hyper Consumption - with the rise of various malls as "ground zero for materialism", people are lured into the world of consumerism. You have to buy this and that....
- Energy - Coal-fired power plants. Nuclear plants. Increasing demand of energy and they need to bastardize the Earth to get it. For what? For money. o_O. And the suppression of the technology of Free Energy.
- Values - what do we value now? It seems like people value money over people. To have more. Our society programs our people through print, tv ads, and with entertainers. We pay entertainers much more than we do our noble professions - such as educators... and priests...
And the list goes on... there are so many issues around.... locally and globally.
Which goes to show.. that 2012 is the moment where we are at the crossroads. Where humanity will choose which side to move forward to.
The old ways are clearly not working. All large institutions are going through changes and transitions (economics, politics). There are so many things happening... internally (within each one of us) and externally (polar shift and galactic alignment).... time seems to fly by.....
with all my search... I think nobody really knows what will happen on 2012. The people in POWER (1%) got their own schemes on how to keep their money and power....
All i know is that we need to be prepared... not out of fear.... but out of love. How?
Photo Source: heavenlypage.tumblr.com →
There will be lots of changes... local ones... devastating sometimes... sometimes giving us hope.... This is an intense year..... and everyone feels it....
whether it will be a challenging one for you or something glorious... it is up to you....
all i know is that the community I am in is gearing towards a sustainable future, something that starts with personal mastery...... and to tap into our Creative Self that is hibernating or sometimes covered by our "programmed self".....
should you want to connect with a community.... do tell me... I can suggest a few available in your city. :)